Hearing Associates P.C. is now providing maintenance services for the Baha SoundArc for patients in Albert Lea, Minnesota, Mason City, and at their additional locations in Northern Iowa.
The Baha SoundArc is a non-surgical bone conduction wearing device acting as an alternative to the Baha Softband.
The SoundArc is a behind-the-head band designed to improve hearing in children with conductive hearing loss, mixed hearing loss or single-sided sensorineural deafness. The device is recommended for children who are not yet eligible or ready for an implant but are in need of taking the first step to hearing.
The Baha System uses the body’s natural ability to conduct sound to skip the damaged part of the outer and middle ear and send crisp sounds directly to the inner ear (cochlea).
Benefits of the Baha SoundArc:
- Modern, lightweight design
- Easy to take on and off
- Comfortably and securely fits various head sizes
- Variety of soft, colored tips to match hair, clothes or mood
- Works with one or two Baha 5 sound processors
- Adults with hearing loss can use the Baha SoundArc as a trial device before deciding whether to move forward with the Baha Implant System
- Reimbursement is the same as it is for the Baha Softband system